Leicestershire Healthy Schools are part of Leicestershire County Council's Public Health Directorate.
Our vision is simple: to support schools throughout Leicestershire to raise attainment and achievement by improving health and wellbeing for pupils, staff, parents and carers in the wider school community.
We aim to achieve this through working together with school staff and our partners in the council, health service, voluntary sector etc. to offer a coherent and 'joined up' approach to effective, evidence-based wellbeing support in the school setting using a 'Whole School Approach'.
- Individual school support for staff
- Training courses / workshops
- Advice / information /signposting
- Teaching resources
- Support for Public Health priorities
This wide-ranging support is available to all schools in Leicestershire free of charge.
Getting support from the team
There are lots of ways to get support for your health and wellbeing work.
- Use this website, it's full of useful information and resources
- Sign up for our e-newsletter
- Get in touch using our contact details
- Ask for a school visit
Potential additional sources of funding for schools